★彡 Hit the apply button above, attach your CV and portfolio and explain to us why you are the best candidate for the job 彡★
The Digital Fairy is a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage anyone who fits the spec to apply. Out of lockdown we operate on a flexible WFH/office model. We can make any reasonable accessibility adjustments and accommodations for successful candidates.
What we're looking for
The Digital Fairy, established in 2022, is a creative and strategic agency. Our mission is making cult brands more commercial, and commercial brands more cult; with a proven track record in delivering Gen-Z insights, building iconic youth brands from the ground up, as well as repositioning household brands. An expert team of Millennial and Gen Z creatives and thinkers, our interdisciplinary Fairies work fluidly across a diverse portfolio of fashion, beauty, music and lifestyle clients.
Our strategic mindset, cultural literacy and creative intuition make us a new breed of communications agency. We move seamlessly from on to offline, and sit at the intersection of digital, creative and culture.
We are a small but mighty agency on an exciting trajectory of refining and scaling existing business, headcount and services and we need an experienced and analytical Financial Director to be part of our journey.
- Reporting into our Managing Director, you will be responsible for the day to day management of an Accounts Manager. This will include fortnightly 121s and the formulation of a development plan with them
- Leading all long and short term financial planning and strategy, including forecasting, budgeting and cash flow management
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly management reports by the Accounts Manager
- Overseeing the preparation of the annual company report with support from our external Accountants.
- Presenting quarterly financial results and updates to the wider team in our leadership updates
- Leading regular forecasting meetings with the wider team
- Creating and leading finance and commercial workshops to increase the financial literacy within our youth and female-first business
- Collaborating with our Head of Client Services and Operations Director on commercial strategies for new and existing business
- Developing strategies to increase profitability and efficiencies, keeping a close eye on this with our Accounts Manager
- Overseeing the payroll, taxes, VAT returns, annual PSA and P11ds internally and with external accountants, looking at what we can bring in-house with the resource available
- Always assessing and implementing improvements to policies and processes with our Operations Director
What we're looking for
- Should have at least 5 years experience in a Strategic Financial role, ideally within an agency environment
- Must be a strong communicator and comfortable at talking to all levels of staff with varying levels of financial acumen
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of current accounting practices
- Knowledge of HR would be beneficial, although not an essential requirement
- Must be used to working with Agency Finance systems and have advanced spreadsheet skills
- Develops strong working relationships with colleagues across departments and seniority levels
- Keeps ahead of wider economic changes (e.g. inflation) and trends to ensure that we mitigate as much risk as possible
- Is comfortable and excited by working in a fast moving, female-first, agile and ambitious workplace, is great at multitasking, organisation and time management
- Can really lead, inspire and motivate a team to work at the highest standard.
- Somebody looking for part-time work 2.5 /3 days per week