Insights and Cultural Analyst 🧠
★彡 Hit the apply button above, attach your CV and portfolio and explain to us why you are the best candidate for the job 彡★
The Digital Fairy is a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage anyone who fits the spec to apply. Out of lockdown we operate on a flexible WFH/office model. We can make any reasonable accessibility adjustments and accommodations for successful candidates.
What we're looking for
The Digital Fairy is a full service creative marketing studio, we are creative and strategic partners for brands within the fashion, lifestyle and beauty industries connecting them to youth and digital culture. We have built up credibility with clients including Adidas, Nike, Topicals, Sephora, D&AD Bleach London. Our work largely speaks to gen-z audiences and intersect youth and digital culture, everything we do is grounded in insights and strategy for intention. We operate as part of internet culture, and have become an authoritative voice on cultural analysis and trend forecasting over on TikTok and for publications such as Nylon, i-D and Vice.
We are looking for an Insights and Cultural Analyst to join us within Fairy Futures, our strategy and insights division, leading key mixed-methodology with a focus on qualitative but sometimes quantitative research and analysis across key campaigns and projects. We are looking for someone with a global perspective with local market nuance. This role is more than research, it’s uncovering exciting insights from aesthetics to ethics that form the basis of the strategies and storytelling for some of our most important work. We are looking for an insights and analyst expert who doesn’t just have a voyeuristic view of the world, and the key cultures and subcultures we engage and represent – they will be part of them.
- Reporting into our Strategy Director and working alongside our growing strategy team
- Responsible for leading, implementing research to uncover insights, providing analysis to form the foundation of the strategy and solutions. Help shape the specific questions needed by our internal teams or clients.
- Build on research and insight methodologies depending on the brief, this can include everything from ethnographic research, anthropology and semotic methodologies cultural theories and competitor analysis and applying those against brand and product strategies
- Conducting social listening, scrolling through Twitter feeds, TikTok FYP, tapping into Discord servers and reddit threads to understand and immerse yourself in new platforms, internet subcultures and conversations that support your wider understanding of the digital landscape
- Working alongside our teams to curate and create pitches and proposals, from inception to delivery ensuring that the intention is maintained
- Help build our internal ‘Fairy Family’ database of progressive consumers, ensuring we have a strong, diverse and reactive research pool that can contribute to our proprietary insights
- Should you wish you will have the opportunity to contribute to our editorial platform ‘THE DIGIVERSE’ *coming soon*
- Empower the wider team to deliver insight-fuelled work, help update them on cultural shifts. Maintaining mini internal reports and briefing sessions to being a key part of our report series ‘digi digest’ as well as thought leadership.
- Help to develop a trends framework and insight library that will become a resource for clients and internal teams alike
- Connect with the Leadership team to analyse opportunities to improve services, client opportunities and output in order to futureproof the business
What we're looking for
- Looking at 3+ years of experience in a research and insights role studying behaviours attitudes and cultural shifts
- Strategic and logical thinking with analysis skills. Detail-oriented, organised, persistent and precise
- Comfortable and excited by working in a fast moving, agile and ambitious workplace - you are a quick learner able to adapt to process
- You will have a strong knowledge of wider marketing trends. You have a nuanced understanding and point of view on youth and digital culture and get how our clients can connect to trends and industry movements
- Client facing, you have a really collaborative approach and a strong focus on communication, both written and verbal
- Being on top of commercial and decentralised social platforms and the future of digital
- Not afraid to be forthcoming with feedback, opinions and ideas that have the potential to push the work further